1/18/2005

All in all, a good day.

I'm sitting at home at 2.30pm on a weekday afternoon, stuffing myself with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a packet of crisps. Ahhh...I took a half day so I could come home and ring Good Lady Cooter Poker, but in typical Pru's-ovaries-are-shit-and-so-is-her-luck-such-as-it-is fashion, she's not in until tomorrow. You know, when I'm back at mother truckin' work and can't call her. Bastard. Oh well, I get to gorge and do whatever I want on the computer. The husband's not here either, so all is good. I do love the poor sap, but sometimes a girl likes to type her blog while singing along loudly (and badly) to The Killers. Rock on.

Good things today:

I work at a university and on my walk to work a gracious student walking out of a hall of residence held the security door open for me...thinking...I...was...a...student!! Hurray! That Oil of Olay moisturiser must work. Kiss my wrinkle-less, youthful cheek dahlings. Shame about the cobweb-encrusted ovaries though.

I got to leave early and not for a probing for once, what's better than that?

Have I mentioned peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?

Bad things today:

I passed 4 puddles of vomit on the way to work...and that's just the scenic route. Also...the squeamish should stop reading here...

I warned you...

It's gross...

No, I'm not kidding...



Apparently pigeons like vomit. There you go. Take that knowledge and retain it. It may be asked on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire one day.

I think I might settle down with a cup of tea and go watch Sex and the City, reveling in my solitude. Life isn't always bad, just ask the vomit-eating pigeons.






1 comment:

Mollywogger said...

I heard The Killers on SNL on Saturday night. They were awesome.

Also work at a University. Also have been mistaken for a student. I hadn't decided up until that point if I'd hit the age where I'm glad that I only look 21 or slightly offended. I decided that day -- glad.