11/27/2007

Le sigh

I'm sitting here synchronising my brand new spanking iPod, feeling rather sorry for myself. Not because I have said brand new spanking iPod (Creative Zen, I gave you two chances and you failed me, thus my cross over to the dark side, and may I say the dark side is simply divine), but because jesus heffalump people, what is going on here? 5 comments? 7 comments? It's like the grim old days of this blog's birth. I thought that any talk of the Brain Trust would garner at least 10 comments.

I had an email yesterday from a D(ear)D(ear) friend, ahem, and she tells me that she has had more than two dozen people take her up on the personal card exchange? Would you like to know how I'm faring in that respect? One. Uno. Nico, you generous soul, you. I'm finding it hard to believe that I actually have more than a handful of Bloglines subscribers at this rate. Is this your way of telling me that I really am hard to get? Shiiiiit.

This virtual waste of a post is just your reminder - only a couple of days until the card exchange is done and I compile the final spreadsheet. We still have fewer people participating than last year, which is frankly almost as upsetting as the notion of Britney adopting twins from China. If mass communication is not your bag, you have a bit longer to contact me if you want to do a one-on-one card exchange, :::cough, cough:::, so if you want to get a card from my fine Anglo-American self, email me. I am a whore.

To prove that it isn't all about me, me, me, what are your thoughts on blog ads? I don't want to choke the already stuffed sidebars, but here's my deal - I do one ad already, the Bellydance Maternity one over yonder. When I get paid by them every month (which admittedly hasn't occurred in awhile BELLYDANCE MATERNITY), I like to use the money for good internet-related causes. In the past I have surprised a blog friend or two with special gifts, and it also frees me up to give to those lovely fundraising events for deserving bloggers. I would like to make a bit more money via this method, but not to line my own pockets. I have only, and would only use it to give to others. Do you think this is a good idea? If I buy you a gift certificate to Amazon spontaneously then will you send me a motherfucking Christmas card?

Ahem. I'm off to synchronise and lick my new iPod. Do you think it would send me a Christmas card?

18 comments:

Eva said...

Because I'm beginning to feel insanely sorry for you, and because I can no longer take the pain of you whining =), I would love to do a one-on-one card exchange. You can email me. Yes, I could have emailed you to say so, but then I wouldn't give you a comment, which clearly you desperately need!

EJW said...

I'll get in on this here card exchange (and comment whore-ing). Refresh my memories of the details, as it's just oh-so-much work to go back three blog posts to read it myself.

DD said...

The only time I curse the ads is when it slows down the blog's loading time.

Otherwise what's one more opportunity to whore yourself out on top of the pile of chances you already have?

By the way, you could count me as one of your one-on-one's as well with the lovely Nico. I like one-on-one action better anyway.

See? Who's the whore now?

Anna said...

Ack! I'm sorry! I'll e-mail you now!

Anonymous said...

Since I SAH and have no brain I don't understand the two different card exchanges, but sign me up for whatever you want :)

Ads, don't mind them at all.

Thalia said...

Oh dear ms pru, I'm sorry you are feeling deserted. I'd explain at least some of the dearth of comments because of nablopomo, and some due to bloglines, it's just too easy to read and not click through.

Re the cards, I feel bad not participating but I am very crap with christmas cards and don't want to let you down. But now feeling more crap that you are feeling deserted, so sign me up.

PiquantMolly said...

Ugh, you are SUCH a blog whore. Honey, you need some comments and a good fucking real soon.

My Creative Zen is still being very nice to me, but I hope your iPod does its lovely job.

Anonymous said...

meqwvI'd be happy to do an individual exchange with you Pru.

I hope the iPod didn't shock your tongue while you were licking it.

Anonymous said...

Wait, I blacked out after the Britney-twins thing. What did I miss?

I'd love to exchange personal cards with you, dear. I was just too lazy to tell you so before now. If that in any way predisposes you to like me, then please skip the blog ads. I hate those things.

Anonymous said...

Ho ho ho, I'm in for a one-on-one card exchange as well. Similar to what Thalia said, I usually suck, badly, at Chrimbo cards- but for you? For you, o fellow American in the land of limeys, I will make the effort. Email me!

Bittermama said...

I'm here, I'm clicking through Bloglines, I'm even commenting! But I'm still not agreeing to the card exchange thing... because all the experts agree that is' best not to give in to begging.

Lut C. said...

I've given myself permission to lurk. How about that!

Cass said...

Yeah, dude, it's the bloglines thing. Plus it's about all I can do to keep up with everyone's NaBloBlaBla this year, let alone comment.

But I'll do a one-on-one with you (oh that sounds so dirty!) if you can handle the reasonable possibility that mine will be New Year's Cards, as it's likely to take that long for me to get my act together. And also that they will contain baby pictures.

OvaGirl said...

Looks like it's working! See what a little bullying will get ya Pru? Looking forward to the card thing, it's fun!

Amanda said...

I'll agree to it, but the thing is, while the card will be super spiffy and set for the holidays, the holiday upon which you shall receive it, IF I am manage to send it, will more than likely be Cinco de Mayo.

Unknown said...

LOL! I would join in the exchange but haven't even been able to get my shit together long enough to send out my own Christmas cards. My mother reminds me of this everyday. I know she'd send you one if she blogged! She probably now wishes you were her daughter instead of being stuck with such an unorganized ditz as myself.

Enjoy the iPod - I totally want one now.

Amyesq said...

()*^()&^ Britney. Always copying me. Everyone knows I flashed my coochie first.

And I would LOVE to do a one-on-one with you. I even promise to keep my coochie out of it.

Email me!

millie said...

Just a lazy bloglines person here. That's my only excuse.