1/08/2005

Traffic--believe it or not, it can be a good thing!

So I have had my first visitor to the blog. It's pathetic how excited I was to see that someone has actually read at least some of what I've written. I ran into the front room to tell The Dude the good news and he looked at me as if I was mad. I think it was more because I interrupted his football watching rather than questioning the visible joy exhibited by me because I'm no longer talking to myself, at least not today. Deadbug was kind enough to not only leave me a comment, but add me to her links list of "Infertastics". Thanks Deadbug. As soon as I am blog savvy enough to figure out how to have my own list of links I will compile one of my own.

I think of myself as quite computer literate, but I confess I'm a bit lost in the blog world. I've been attempting to get out more in our little infertility blog sphere to read, leave comments, and hopefully have people visit my own corner of blogdom. I was naive when I started the blog all of two weeks ago, as it didn't dawn on me that I'd actually want people to read the damn thing. Does every blog neophyte check for comments and traffic obsessively when they first start off? I confess, I sometimes check about 6 times a day, which I guess would explain my current excitement. Lame, huh? I just can't convey how thrilled I am to find a community of like-minded individuals for once! It's nice to know after two years of going through this essentially alone, that I there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Pru

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Same here, sistah! I've been at this blogging business for a couple months now, and I get very competitive with myself about how much traffic I get, and how many comments.

Pick me! Pick me!!! Read me! Like me! Sigh... I guess we never outgrow that... the subject matter just gets more complicated.