3/21/2008

The trade-off

Am I right in thinking that many of you poor American saps have to work both today (Good Friday) and Easter Monday? Shiiiiiiit. What a raw deal. Come to England, land of 30 days of annual leave WHICH DOESN'T EVEN INCLUDE sick leave or standard/bank holidays.

As The Dude and I had a lovely, possibly relaxing four day weekend to look forward to, we went to the movies last night. My Mom's visit has its distinct advantages, I won't deny that. The Dude's panties are all in a bunch now because I refused to go see Rambo with him, but I allegedly expect him to go see the Sex and the City movie with me when it comes out in May.

I don't recall saying I would see Rambo with him, so deep runs my hatred for Sylvester Stallone. The violence, I could handle. I like good action movies, and I have a fondness for zombie movies, I can take it. Sylvester Stallone, on the other hand, I cannot stomach. I cannot believe people would willingly see any movie with a 30 year old Stallone, let alone 60 year old Stallone in his current state. Gross.

We saw Semi-Pro instead, and I'll just come right out and say it. I like Will Ferrell. There. I liked him back in the SNL days, and though I didn't dig Talledega Nights, I have enjoyed Anchorman, Old School, and Elf. So there.

So, I am now in a pickle. Yesterday was Rambo's last night in local theatres (oops), so I've screwed myself over in the SATC stakes. I suspect I could still get him to go with me in May, as all I would really need to do is have sex with him, and I would totally have hand. This is the simple option. However, if any of you find yourselves in the South of England in May, spare a thought for me. I could go see it with a person who actually liked the series and wouldn't give me drama over being dragged to see it, and I wouldn't have to have sex with my husband. We're all winners here. Hell, I'll even travel. I suppose sex in exchange for Sex and the City is a fair enough deal, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.

8 comments:

PiquantMolly said...

I believe you meant that now you are "in a gherkin."

Unless you want to wait about 4 months and watch it on DVD with me, I can't help you out, dear.

You may just have to lie back and think of England . . .

electriclady said...

Molly: HA!

Wish I could help. You may be screwed (pun kind of intended).

Anonymous said...

D would probably buy me a plane ticket over the pond if I had sex with HIM. I'll think about it...

Anonymous said...

You like zombie movies too? I loooove zombie films. Do you ever sit up at night and plan what you will do when the zombie invasion happens? I spent a full five minutes the other day trying to work out if all the boxes of books would be enough to barricade off the door to the attic. Or is it just me that does that?

Linda said...

I loved Anchorman but you know what I love even more? Lamp. I love lamp.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I really do love Anchorman. Fun fact: so does my pastor's wife. We make secret jokes about it at church. Hee hee! She'd kill me if she knew I just told you that.

OvaGirl said...

Wish i could help out there Pru but it sounds like you may need to take one for SJP and the gang. Odd to think of 60 year old Rocky...but then today I took the nephews to the movies and saw a poster for Indiana Jones, and though I love Harrison Ford I couldn't help feeling ...well...apprehensive.

PS Also a Will Ferrell fan but surely THE LANDLORD has to be one of his greatest roles...

Aunt Becky said...

I am pretty sure that a Killer Humping may be in order here.

S said...

so with you on stallone.