8/11/2008

Music Monday: Miscellanea

My Monday is nearly over, but I have managed to squeeze in some time to give you some new music to listen to. Folk is apparently not to the taste of many, fair enough. This week thing is a whole lot of everything. I'm just going to throw up some videos for some music I have been digging lately.

Eleni Mandell: Wings in His Eyes
-Listen if you like Feist, Cat Power, Rilo Kiley, etc. Plus, she has a song called "Make-Out King", which could possibly be the most awesome title ever.



Website
MySpace

Ladytron: Destroy Everything You Touch
-If you like: The Knife, Portishead, Bjork, Goldfrapp



Website
MySpace

Mugison: I Want You
-If you like: Queens of the Stone Age, Ween, Bonnie Prince Billy, Beck



Website
MySpace

Joan as Policewoman: To Be Loved
-If you like: Martha Wainwright, Feist



Website
MySpace

Fleet Foxes: White Winter Hymnal (LOVE this video)
-If you like: Bon Iver, Midlake



Website
MySpace

Noah and the Whale: 2 Bodies 1 Heart
-If you like: the Juno soundtrack



I'm off to clean out the fish bowl and make a spinach salad for tomorrow's lunch. These events will not occur simultaneously.

4 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Spinach is nature's candy.

Eggs Akimbo said...

I love Feist. I want Mushaboom played ta my funeral.

PiquantMolly said...

Just wanted to drive by and mention that both Bon Iver and Great Lake Swimmers are playing in Madison this month.

Jealous?

Tash said...

I heard someone on NPR say Fleet Foxes reminded them of Crosby, Stills, & Nash. I have yet to let go of this unfortunate comparison.

Ladytron is getting a second listen.