5/09/2008

Mother truckers

The blog of a former, recovered infertile is probably not the place to see Mother's Day cards, but I'm not your average ex-infertile, nor am I your average mother. Worry not, dear readers, there is no cheese here today.

I'm not going to ruminate on the glories of motherhood. I won't speak glowingly of my "miracle" and tell you how much I thought Mother's Day would always be an occasion which would force me to my bed, rendered unstable by its mere mention. I am now a mother, something I secretly revel in every day. I don't need a designated day for this, though please be advised that when P is an obnoxious tween and whines, "Why do you and Dad get a whole day? When is Children's Day?", I will fall into the trap, and I think you know what I'm referring to. That's what Mother's Day is to me - an opportunity for me to become my own mother, throwing myself wholeheartedly down that most slippery slope to "Because I said so" and "Life isn't fair". This time comes to us all.

To celebrate this manufactured occasion, I have some cards for the mothers amongst you, as well as those who want to be, and will be mothers someday. The only place to go for cards of any occasion is www.someecards.com. If you're not going there, you suck. Yes, it is that simple.

The card I received from my brother's girlfriend to mark this occasion. Needless to say, we get along:



For the rest of you, however you choose to mark or completely ignore Sunday, Happy Mother's Day -





8 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

You're one Sexxy Mother Trucker, you know that?

Magpie said...

Yes indeedy - the best on-line cards out there!

Anonymous said...

Heh heh heh. Good cards.

Tash said...

Love. them. All.

OvaGirl said...

Excellent...Something For everyone. Happy Mothers Day Pru.
xx

Linda said...

So. Awesome.

Kristi said...

Love them! Especially the last one. That's my favorite.

Defiantmuse said...

LOL.
Perfect, dude, perfect.
especially the last one.
word.