11/01/2008

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Psychic Pumpkin

Slightly delayed, but Happy Halloween!

P, obviously influenced by the inherent spookiness of the holiday, went with The Dude to visit her Great-Nan to show off her pumpkin costume. Great-Nan lives alone, as her husband, The Dude's grandad, died two years ago. The story goes that P cautiously stepped across the threshold of the flat, looked around, and furrowed her brow. She asked The Dude repeatedly, "Where is he? Where is he? Where has he gone?" The Dude and Great-Nan at this point were a bit confused, and also a bit unnerved when P decided to up the eerie quotient - "I don't know where he has gone. Where is ::insert The Dude's full first name here::?" WHERE IS ::Dude's name again::?" Creepy enough on its own, but she doesn't ever hear The Dude referred to by his full first name, as he goes by a nickname. Always.

I'm a superstitious person, so this would likely have creeped me out for weeks, so I'm glad I wasn't there. The Dude, on the other hand, is the rational type. He has no time for frivolities such as life after death, but even he kept saying how weird the whole situation was. It seems Great-Nan was a bit upset about it and just as uneasy.

Last night, awake on my own, I stupidly watched Paranormal State. I usually find the show hokey and don't bother watching it, but as I'm a glutton for punishment I thought it would be fitting to watch a spooky programme on Halloween night. I went to bed suitably scared, so I really could have done without The Dude waking me up at 3am saying that one of P's musical toys was going off. I didn't want to go in and shut it off, lest P spring from a prone position with red eyes shouting "YOUR MOTHER SUCKS COCKS IN HELL!" The Dude sorted it out, and managed to leave the Psychic Pumpkin's room with no ill effects.

I'm moderately rational during daylight hours, but paint the sky dark and suddenly legions of the dead are marching through my house. I didn't sleep very well after that. Now that it's daytime again I feel a bit ridiculous, so THANK YOU Paranormal State. I don't care if you are based at my alma matter, stop frightening me. I'm a very delicate flower you know!

Despite having a direct channel to the underworld, the Psychic Pumpkin is really rather cute sometimes.






Because sometimes, even the best Psychic Pumpkin needs to dig for gold in them thar hills.

7 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Bwahahahaha! She's so funny!

elizasmom said...

Laughing at your Psych(ot)ic Pumpkin. Eliza's never done anything THAT creepy, but I have definitely had moments of "alright, you're officially weirding me out."
Hope she struck gold up there!

Brigindo said...

Quite adorable.

Beautiful Mess said...

AHAHAHAHA, I love the nose picking! She looks GREAT! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
-D

Linda said...

Wahoo, making her own candy, I see! She's a sweetie, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

That totally would have creeped me out too.

Anonymous said...

Can't beat a good excavation of a nostril!

UBER cute.